Joeel & Natalie Rivera
Meet the Instructors
About the Instructor
Joeel and Natalie Rivera are professional speakers, trainers, and coaches. Their mission is to provide tools that empower people to ignite their dreams, unleash their potential and fulfill their purpose. Through their company, Transformation Services, Inc., they provide digital content publishing, online courses, and life coach training programs that act as a catalyst for personal empowerment.
Joeel is a former psychology professor with a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation for his Ph.D. in Psychology, with an emphasis on happiness. Using the science of psychology and human potential, they train leading edge entrepreneurs, leaders, life coaches, and individuals how to master the power of their mind and create their destiny.
They are serial entrepreneurs who challenge and inspire others to take their power back through self-employment as INDIEpreneurs, (self-employed freedom junkies). Between the two of them, they’ve started over a dozen businesses, from photography to a non-profit teen coaching center, and from an import business to a holistic virtual office.
They became INFOpreneurs in 2014 when they fully transitioned their print magazine into digital format because they found they could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost. They closed their physical offices and began converting their in-person workshops and speeches into information products and online courses. Then, in 2015 they received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Unable to leave the house, they continued reach and inspire their market by creating 50 online courses in only 2 years, including digitizing their popular life coach training programs and certifications.
Today, they have served 40,000 students from 176 countries.
You’re sitting on a gold mine! Do you want to find out how you can make money teaching what you know and love ONLINE?
This course will teach you how to turn your expertise, knowledge, experience, or passion into an ONLINE COURSE.
***Find out more about creating an online business selling INFORMATION PRODUCTS along with your online courses in the sister course INFOPRENEUR: CREATING INFORMATION PRODUCTS AND ONLINE COURSES.***
Why create online courses?
- You can reach more people than you can reach directly—many more, from all around the world!
- You can record it once and have it teach people (while you get paid for it) over and over again.
- Teaching online has the LOWEST START-UP COSTS of any online business
- This is the RIGHT TIME because it’s a growing market and there is technology in place to make it easy for you.
- Literally ANYONE can create online courses! You don’t need to have an established audience, know how to market, or be great with technology.
- You can create passive income, side income, additional revenue streams or become a full time online instructor.
- Most importantly, you add value to the world by sharing your passion or wisdom
Here’s what we’ll be covering in this course:
- EQUIPMENT: Start with what you already have (such as a computer and a cell phone) or inexpensive equipment, plus easy-to-use free software, and then upgrade over time.
- RECORDING: Learn everything you need to know to produce quality video, including audio, lighting, videography, and backgrounds.
- CONFIDENCE: Speak with confidence and feel comfortable being on camera.
- AUDIENCE: Learn how to get sales even if you don’t have an audience to begin with!
- CONTENT: Develop the content of your course, including defining your market, deciding what to teach, creating your outline, and creating video-length segments.
- TEST YOUR TOPICS: Learn how to test your course idea to make sure it’s viable and profitable.
- EDITING: Beginner and advanced video editing tips and demonstrations—showing how simple the process really is, including how to edit video and audio using free and paid software such as Audacity, Izotope RX3, MovieMaker, PowerPoint, Sony Vega, as well as screen casting and using a green screen.
- PUBLISHING: Learn about different educational platforms and marketplaces where you can reach millions of students who are already interested in online courses.
- UDEMY: Best practices for marketing your courses through Udemy.
- BUILD YOUR OWN: Build your own website using done-for-you templates that are easy to use (even if you’re not a techie).
- COPYWRITING: Write epic titles and subtitles that sell and effective course outcomes and descriptions for your course landing page.
- PROMOTIONAL VIDEO: Follow a proven framework to create compelling promotional videos.
- PRICING: Evaluate your market to know exactly what to set your price at.
- MARKETING: Tips and tools for marketing your online courses, including YouTube, Facebook, Interviews, Webinars and Sales Funnels.
WHAT THIS COURSE IS NOT:
This course is not about “getting rich quick” or “do nothing, get paid”. Creating profitable online courses is time consuming and takes specific skills, tools, and equipment. This course is designed teach you everything you need to know in order to “do-it-yourself” and develop a high-quality course that provides valuable content AND makes you money.
THIS IS FOR YOU:
You want to become an ONLINE TEACHER/educator/instructor but you’re not sure how to get started
You want to GET PAID TO TEACH something you know and love but don’t know how
You’re an ENTREPRENEUR, side-hustler, or want to become self-employed and you’re looking for a new way to MAKE MONEY ONLINE or generate passive income
You’re a life COACH, consultant, TRAINER, speaker, or teacher who recognizes you could REACH MORE PEOPLE if you weren’t restricted to being there IN PERSON
You have KNOWLEDGE, expertise or experience in a particular field or hobby that others would benefit from learning
YOU WILL BE ABLE TO:
Develop a high-quality online course using proven, simple tools and techniques
Make a different to thousands of people around the world
Create passive income, side income, additional revenue or teach online full time
EQUIPMENT: Start with what you already have, plus easy-to-use free software, and then upgrade over time.
RECORDING: Produce quality video, including audio, lighting, videography, and backgrounds.
CONFIDENCE: Speak with confidence and feel comfortable being on camera.
CONTENT: Develop and organize your knowledge into valuable content for your course.
TEST YOUR TOPIC or course idea to make sure it’s viable and profitable.
EDITING: Know how to use free and paid editing software such as Audacity, Izotope RX3, MovieMaker, PowerPoint, Sony Vega, as well as screen casting and using a green screen.
PUBLISHING: Be familiar with the educational platforms and marketplaces and reach millions of students who are already interested in online courses.
BUILD YOUR OWN: Build your own website using done-for-you templates that are easy to use (even if you’re not a techie).
COPYWRITING: Write epic titles and subtitles that sell and effective course outcomes and descriptions for your course landing page.
PROMOTIONAL VIDEO: Create compelling promotional videos using proven a framework.
PRICING: Evaluate your market to know exactly what to set your price at.
MARKETING: Market your online course using YouTube, Facebook, Interviews, Webinars and Sales Funnels.
WHO ARE WE?
We are Joeel & Natalie Rivera. Creating online courses transformed our business at a time when we needed it. After returning from our honeymoon, Joeel became ill. Spending almost a year on bedrest, we were unable to continue conducting our in-person workshops, speeches and coach training programs. However, what felt like a curse turned out to be a blessing because in 2015 we decided we wouldn’t let our circumstances hold us back and we converted all of our programs into online courses. We learned everything we could about teaching online.
Today, we have served almost 40,000 students from over 170 countries. We’re happy and healthy and our business is thriving. We live at the beach, create our own schedules, travel when we want to, and love what we do!
And, now we want to teach YOU everything we’ve learned about creating online courses, so that you can get paid to teach what you know and love while helping people from around the world.
- Define Your Market
- Worksheet: Defining Your Market
- Type of Courses
- Worksheet: Types of Courses
- Deciding What to Teach
- Worksheet: Deciding What to Teach
- Testing Your Course Idea
- Worksheet: Testing Your Course Idea
- Creating Your Outline
- Worksheet: Creating Your Outline
- Video Segmentation
- Worksheet: Video Segmentation
- Confidence On Camera
- Worksheet: Confidence On Camera
- Speaking to a Person
- Worksheet: Speak to a Person
- What to Do with Your Body
- Worksheet: What to Do with Your Body
- Effective Voice on Camera
- Worksheet: Effective Voice on Camera
- Using Visual Cues and Prompts
- Worksheet: Using Visual Cues and Prompts
- Worksheet: Sample Hanging Prompts
- Marketplaces and Platforms
- Worksheet: Marketplaces
- Building Your Own Platform
- Worksheet: Building Your Own Platform
- Course Landing Page: Outcomes and Descriptions
- Worksheet: Course Landing Page 1
- Course Landing Pages: Titles and Subtitles
- Worksheet: Course Landing Page2
- Creating Your Promo Video
- Worksheet: Promo Video
- Setting Course Pricing
- Worksheet: Setting Course Prices